Raspberry Oatmeal Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats (fine or coarse)
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk (or plant-based milk)
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raspberries (or other fruit, such as blueberries, strawberries or sliced apples)
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and grease the muffin tins with oil or use paper cups.
- Mix the oatmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the milk, ghee, egg and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Add the raspberries and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into the prepared muffin tins, filling them about 2/3 full.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out dry.
- Let the muffins cool in the pan for about 5 minutes, then remove and let cool completely on a wire rack.