Potatoes are beneficial for a number of reasons:
- Nutritious: Potatoes are a good source of carbohydrates, fiber, potassium, and vitamin C. A medium-sized potato with skin contains about 110 calories, 2 grams of protein, 26 grams of carbohydrates, and 3 grams of fiber.
- Versatile: Potatoes can be cooked in a variety of ways such as boiling, baking, frying, roasting, and mashing. They can be used as a side dish, in soups, stews, casseroles, salads, and many other dishes.
- Satiety: Potatoes are very filling due to their high fiber content, which helps keep you feeling full for longer periods of time. This can be helpful for weight management and appetite control.
- Heart Health: Potatoes are a good source of potassium, which can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Brain Health: Potatoes contain choline, which is important for brain health and development.
- Gut Health: Potatoes contain resistant starch, which acts as a prebiotic and helps promote the growth of beneficial gut bacteria.
|Saturated Fatty Acids||-|
|Trans Fatty Acids||-|
|Monounsaturated Fatty Acids||-|
|Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids||-|
|PHE (Fenylalanin)||100 mg|
|Vitamins||Vitamine B1 Vitamine B2 Vitamine C|
|Minerals||Potassium Phosphorus Magnesium Iodine Manganese Copper Calcium Iron Zinc|