Beef stew with beans
baby friendly dairy free gluten free
- 500 g beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 200 g green beans, cut into pieces
- 400 ml beef broth
- 400 g chopped tomatoes (canned)
- 1 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Cut the beef into bite-sized pieces. In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and sauté the meat until brown and slightly crispy. Remove the meat from the pot and set aside.
- Add the diced onion and minced garlic to the saucepan and sauté over medium-high heat until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, and green beans and simmer until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Put the beef back into the pot and stir well. Add beef broth, chopped tomatoes, paprika powder and dried thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the stew to a boil and then turn up the heat. Cover the pot and let the stew simmer for about 1.5 to 2 hours, until the meat is tender and the flavors are well combined. Stir occasionally and add a little water or broth as needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Once the stew is done, remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley if you like.
- Serve the beef stew hot and enjoy with fresh bread or baguette.