Grilled eggplant with feta cheese
low carb baby friendly vegetarian
- 2 medium-sized eggplants
- 200 g feta
- 1 red onion
- 100g cherry tomatoes
- a handful of black olives
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- pinch of salt
- a pinch of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan
- Wash the eggplants and cut them into thick slices.
- Also cut the tomatoes, onions and olives into smaller pieces.
- Mix olive oil, lemon juice, thyme, salt and pepper in a bowl. Pour this mixture over the eggplants and leave to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat the grill or pan and fry the aubergines for 3-4 minutes on each side until soft and lightly browned.
- On a plate, mix the eggplant slices with tomatoes, onions, olives and feta and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve as a separate dish with bread or as a side dish with meat or rice.