Lentil soup with meatballs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 200 g lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 l broth (or water)
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500 g of ground beef
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Fry onion, garlic, carrot and red pepper in a pot.
- Add the lentils and stock (or water).
- Add potatoes and spices. Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are soft.
- In another bowl, mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg and chopped parsley. Form meatballs.
- Add the meatballs to the soup and cook for another 15-20 minutes until the meatballs are cooked.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve hot and garnish with spring onions.