vegetarian gluten free
- 1/2 kg mixed mushrooms (e.g. shiitake, champignons), sliced
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté until they release their juice, about 10 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan over medium heat, fry the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add the rice and sauté for about 2 minutes.
- When the rice becomes glassy, add the white wine and stir until the wine is absorbed.
- Gradually pour in the stock, one tablespoon at a time, stirring until each batch is absorbed.
- Once the rice is al dente and the soup is almost absorbed, add the mushrooms, parmesan and butter. Stir until everything is dissolved and the mixture thickens.
- Serve with parsley and salt and pepper to taste.