Poppy pancakes with cherry compote
baby friendly vegetarian
IngredientsIngredients for pancakes:
- 250 g all purpose flour
- 1 spoon of sugar
- 2 spoons of ground poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 200 ml of milk
- 100 ml sparkling water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- pinch of salt
Ingredients for cherry compote:
- 500 g of cherries
- 100 g of sugar
- 500 ml of water
- 1 clove
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- First, prepare the cherry compote. Wash and pit the cherries. Combine the sugar, water, cloves and vanilla extract in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, add the cherries and cook for 10-20 minutes until the cherries are soft. Then remove the cloves and let the compote cool.
- Mix the flour, sugar, ground poppy seeds, baking powder and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- Add the eggs, milk, sparkling water and oil and mix until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the dough onto the pan, making round pancakes. Fry on medium heat for about 2-3 minutes until you can see that the dough is golden on the bottom.
- Then turn the pancakes over and fry them on the other side as well, until they are perfectly golden.
- Serve the pancakes warm with cherry compote