Tomato soup with chili
low carb baby friendly vegetarian dairy free gluten free vegan
- 800 g tomatoes (you can use canned or fresh)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1-2 chili peppers, finely chopped (adjust the amount to your taste)
- 500 ml of vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- If using fresh tomatoes, peel them first. Then chop them finely.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat and add the chopped onion. Fry it until it becomes soft and golden.
- Add the chopped garlic and chillies and fry them together with the onion for about a minute until they begin to release their aromas.
- Add chopped tomatoes, ground cumin, ground coriander, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes until the tomatoes are soft.
- Add the vegetable broth and let the mixture cook for another 10-15 minutes.
- Then use a blender to blend the soup until smooth.
- Add fresh cilantro and stir.
- Serve hot.