Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce
baby friendly dairy free
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 500g of ground beef
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 150g of fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil or parsley leaves, chopped (optional, for garnish)
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, carrot, and celery and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef to the pan and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beef stock, tomato paste, dried basil and dried oregano.
- Mix everything together and let the sauce simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced and the flavors have melded.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and garnish with fresh basil or parsley leaves.